7 Sensual Ways To Work Lingerie Into Your Everyday Look
Lingerie is a work of art; who can resist all of its lacy, silky, satiny, translucent goodness? Despite bras, panties, and the like frequently being dubbed as “intimate-wear,” we think there’s no shame in flaunting them in the light of day — and many of your favorites agree. Take fiery singer Lizzo, pictured above, looking like a total snack by simply topping a pair of blue jeans with a sultry corset.
Here are seven ways you can turn your favorite nighttime staples into day-wear.
- Try a teddy
- As model Barbara Ferreira demonstrates above, the lingerie teddy is an ultra-sensual substitute for the typical bodysuit; they often incorporate textures like mesh and lace and can be found to offer more effective chest support
- Suit up
- Lorde pairs her lacy lingerie with a billowy two-piece number — the perfect option if you’re looking to exude just a hint of sex appeal.
- Get tight, get right
- Take a cue from model Nadia Aboulhosn and throw a corset over your fave oversized tee for an instant bad bitch vibe.
- Just ditch your top
- Princess Nokia flips the script on the traditional, preppy Chanel ensemble by allowing her bra to be standalone.
- Slip into something slim
- Model Diana Veras takes on the slip dress trend in its most genuine form — don’t neglect the negligee.
- Lose some buttons
- Sultry Queens-based singer Dounia offers an easy option to achieving the intimate-wear trend by simply disregarding her top buttons and bring her bustier.
- Play with transparency
- This approach is most definitely risqué, but as model and artist Yaris Sanchez proves above, a sheer layer atop your intimate-wear makes for an iconic look